The Government of Canada is allowing individuals affected by the war in Ukraine to come to Canada through  the CUAET (Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel). The CUAET will allow you to live, work, or study in Canada temporarily for up to three years.

Learn how to apply for the Canada Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel here.

Find general information from the Government of Canada for people affected by the war in Ukraine. Information on this website is also available in Ukrainian.


Healthcare in Canada is managed provincially. You must refer to the provincial healthcare insurance plan in your respective province to learn whether you are eligible. For those looking to settle in Alberta, review the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP).

Additional information about health support available to Ukrainians is available through


Individuals arriving in Canada affected by the war in Ukraine are eligible to apply for a work permit. The work permit will allow you to work for almost any employer in Canada for up to three years. 

There are many places you can look and apply for employment within Alberta. The Government of Alberta has composed an employment guide for newcomers to Canada.

General job postings in Alberta are also available through Indeed.

Ukrainians looking for work, employers, and community organizations are encouraged to use the Government of Canada

Legal Advice

Legal advice for individuals affected by the war in Ukraine is available through The Canadian Bar Association.

The Ukrainian Consulate General in Edmonton

Direct general questions about Ukrainian citizenship, including your Ukrainian passport, can be directed to The Ukrainian Consulate General in Edmonton.