[INSERT MP NAME]
House of Commons
Dear [Your MP’s name], MP:
Re: I Stand With Ukraine
As your constituent, I stand with Ukraine and am writing to you to express my support for Canada taking a leadership role in support of Ukraine’s independence and territorial integrity.
Since invading Ukraine in 2014 and illegally occupying Crimea, Russia has waged a war of aggression in the east Ukrainian oblasts of Donetsk and Luhansk. This war has cost Ukraine over 13,000 dead, over 30,000 wounded and 1.5 million internally displaced people.
Russia is again threatening a further invasion of sovereign Ukrainian territory, moving a significant amount of troops and military hardware to Ukraine’s borders and occupied Ukrainian territory.
I believe that Canada and our NATO allies must respond with unity and resolve to Russia’s increasing threats against Ukraine. I call on you to support:
- Accelerating a NATO Membership Action Plan for Ukraine;
- Increasing sanctions on Russia to deter further aggression against Ukraine;
- Ensuring that the Nord Stream 2 pipeline never becomes operational;
- Increasing the provision of military equipment and defensive weapons to Ukraine;
- Extending and expanding Operation UNIFIER, Canada’s military training mission in Ukraine.
As one of Ukraine’s closest international partners, Canada needs to act now to support Ukraine’s independence and prevent a further Russian invasion of Ukraine.
[INSERT YOUR NAME]
[OPTIONAL – INSERT YOUR ADDRESS]
|You can find the contacts for your MP’s office here|